Genesis of the project
World’s organisations but also European researches highlight that the average life expectancy is constantly growing and in 2030 it will be extended to 90 years. At the same time they indicate a high share of health problems in the mortality rate – over 10 million people die before age of 70 due to cardiovascular and cancer diseases! It is important to create conditions conducive to maintaining the highest possible quality of people lives, especially seniors. As can be seen, the main determinant of mortality is health, which depends on many interrelated factors, among which stands out: lifestyle (about 50%), physical environment (natural and man-made) (about 20%), health care (about 10%). Above all, statistics from Eurobarometer shows that 58% of people over 55 do not practice sport at all.
Taking into account that the group of people over 60 is constantly growing and it is a group characterized by low sporting, educational and cultural activity, it is important to create conditions conducive to maintaining the highest possible quality of their life, among others by improving the quality of nutrition, activation and mobilization for various activities.
The main aim of the project is enriching the standards of care services for the elderly by developing recommendations for effective methods of motivating older people to lead an active and healthy lifestyle. Project focuses on education of people working with seniors to provide them with the best working methods but also on exchanging of knowledge and experience in the field of activation and implementation of pro-health attitudes among seniors over 60 years of age.
Key activities of the project
- transnational partners’ meetings.
- meetings of Local Advisory Committees to discuss about seniors’ care services within local communities.
- good practice guide – multithreaded recommendations in the field of seniors’ care that will include parts such as: analysis of seniors’ care services, analysis of seniors’ eating behaviours, nutritional management plan with culinary inspirations, analysis of health behaviours in the field of physical activity including activity in the case of people with disabilities, methods of motivating seniors to be active, effective ways of communicating with seniors, seniors’ psychology, seniors’ education, chances and risks at work with seniors: effect or effectiveness.
- an instructional video which will show how to communicate with older people.
- Short-term joint staff training event for employees to develop their competences in work with seniors.
- Information, promotion and dissemination of activities and results of the project.
Results of the project
- good practice guide,
- instructional video,
- establishing transnational cooperation,
- acquisition of new skills in the field of seniors’ care by employees,
- increase of professional competences of employees,
- increase of language competences,
- acquisition of communication skills,
- social inclusion of seniors,
- raising the quality of the offer for seniors.
Duration of the project
1 November 2018 – 30 April 2020.